Thursday, October 4, 2012

The final Battle

You can not defeat me I am too much to handle
The flames can not do harm to my strength 
You can not be the one who lights the candle
To the desire in me to destroy man kind

Bloodied the ground and also the hand
To the traitor that tries to take the life
Of a beast like me who owns the land
Where the humans lay to rest in peace

The peace of the puzzle begins to end 
For I can not fathom the possibility longer
Longer the life, for the homeland I apprehend 
Is a distant memory of those around me

Who am I to see the world I live in
As a world that meets more than the eyes
Eyes familiar to those of sin 
Not the eyes that I present to those of evil

Evil is all it takes to make me possessed 
Die alone but cry no more 
The evil is gone as is the mess 
Of disgrace, the ignorance lives on...



5 comments:

  1. You did a great job of incorporating the main points of plot while still bing very poetic. You created a great visual through your poem with a nice sense of organization. The beginning and end meshed together well to complete your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos on tackling the poem prompt! I don't know if I could have done that... My favorite line is "eyes familiar to those of sin." I think eyes are a huge part of the novel and it's great that you incorporated it into your piece. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job buddy! I especially liked the lines "Who am I to see the world I live in / As a world that meets more than the eyes" and "Evil is all it takes to make me possessed / Die alone but cry no more".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy the use of rhyme! Poetic success does not always have to be super intellectual and deep. However, with that being said, you always present your work in a very sophisticated manor. Personal fav, "You can not be the one who lights the candle" AWESOME! Thanks for Checking my poem out as well, buddy. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You didn't have to make it rhyme but added some as a bonus to go along with the alliteration. You get Grendel's defiance but also his sense of being doomed. An ambitious choice and you pull it off pretty well. Nice going.

    ReplyDelete