Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Killin' It 14th Century Style

14th century weaponry,

A lot more complex than you would think. I was interested to see the simplicity of 14th century weaponry, considering the tales of one-on-one combat. However, I was highly mistaken when I took this stance, because there is a lot more weapons and tactical warfare than I could have ever imagined for such a time period. One of the weapons I found in my research was the Obsidian knife, which is a 14th century South/North American knife that is currently the sharpest knife known to man in history These knifes could chop of the head of a horse in one swipe, which showed the strength of these knifes. Not only did specific weaponry show complexity, so did other fighting tactics. For example, the naval mine, torpedoes, Fu Go, and cruise missiles were all prevalent in the 14th century. Clearly none of these were specified during the tale of Sir Gawain, but it shows the strategy and intelligence of the chivalry at the time.

Source: 
http://www.cracked.com/article_18880_7-insanely-advanced-weapons-history-somehow-forgot-about.html

No comments:

Post a Comment