Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Ten Titles: August 21st, 2012

These are my ten titles that have had the most impact on me as an individual that I have read:

1. Shaq Uncut: This was the most recent pleasure reading that I have done. Shaquille O'Neal was one of the most influential athletes for me growing because of his on the court dominance, along with his large personality.

2. Frankenstein: This story was very enticing to me as soon as the monster's point of view was thrown into the equation. Nice read.

3. Babe and Me: I remember when I was about nine years old, and this was my first true pleasure reading book that I enjoyed more than I could have ever imagined. It started my interest in reading stories involving famous figures, such as athletes.

4. The Help: This was my I.D. book for U.S. History, but it turned out to be more than just that for me. It was an excellent read, and I found it to be one of my favorite reads that I have ever had. Such a touching story, with great amounts of deal drama and passion.

5. The Magic Tree House Series: This series was very entertaining for me, and it was simply pleasure reading. Good stories for a middle schooler to read about!

6. Oedipus: As I recall, this story was my favorite book to read from the Dr. Allison class. I remember enjoying my individual book I had to read, book 12, and had to make a presentation on it in front of the class. I learned a lot from that book, especially how to pay close attention to minuscule details.

7. Seven Seconds or Less: This book was an in depth novel on the fascinating plan behind the 2006-2007 Phoenix Suns fast break offense and scheme. I felt that the book was very fun to read because I have grown up watching the Suns since the Tom Gugliotta and Tony Delk days (sadly was too young to be a big fan of Charles Barkley, Dan Majerle, and Kevin Johnson).

8. The Very Hungry Caterpillar: The caterpillar was actually an influential book in my life, as it was one of the first stories I ever heard as a pre-k student at Phoenix Country Day School.

9. The Series of Unfortunate Events: These books were very fun to read in middle school as well, but I did not get to finish the entire list, sadly. That is why the series is not higher up in this blog post.

10. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn: This book did not necessarily have the best impact on me, but it certainly have one. It was a struggle for me to keep up with the plot, which made it difficult for me to understand the story like I should have.

2 comments:

  1. Alex, I'm not surprised that a couple of sports books made your list. I think I read part of 7 seconds or less in SI before the book came out. I like that the rest of your list is a combination of favorite childrens books and some from HS. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS--Please turn off work verification.

    ReplyDelete